To break up the monotony of cross-posted festival reviews, here are some flowers from the garden of Max Liebermann‘s villa on the Wannsee, along with a few more linkworthy items:
- Jennifer Merin, fellow critic and film journalist extraordinaire, is our new colleague and About.com Guide for Documentaries.
- Look, one of my photos made it into Schmap!
- Mundane Science-Fiction is a promising new subgenre, complete with manifestos and detractors.
- German filmmaker Florian Thalhofer, whom we met at a Goethe-Institute bash last week, is video blogging his motorcycle trip across America at 1000 Stories.com.
- Finally, a little music. First, a promo clip for one of my favorite albums of the summer, Marco Benevento’s Live at Tonic, followed by a video for “Off the Grid” from the new all-instrumental Beastie Boys album, The Mix-Up. It’s groovy.