The sidebar is home to an automated list of items I highlight in my feed reader (which, in turn, is also available as a feed) — but some of them deserve their own post. Here’s a roundup of the more interesting bits I found around the web lately:
- Watch all of Todd Haynes’ outlawed Barbie doll spectacular Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story on Google Video. Bonus: Lukas Moodysson’s latest. [via Ray Pride]
- The Friday Mix Tape: when he’s not scienceing Mouth of the Beast recordings or haunting the Knitting Factory after midnight, my friend Dan Alford is blogging groovy compilations at Hidden Track. Get his mix of Herbie Hancock covers here.
- Terrence McKenna’s Ex-Library: in what sounds like a tragic Name of the Rose tie-in, Quizno’s lays waste to the treasure trove that was the late psychedelic visionary’s library. [via Gpod]
- Long Island Nazis on Metafilter
- On her blog, Nina Hagen supports Britney.
- RSS Geekout: for those of us who use news readers to digest the interwebs, there is now Yahoo! Pipes and xFruits for remixing RSS feeds. For example, you can now read muckworld on your cell phone.[via Lifehacker]
- Cahiers du Cinema is now available online, in English. Very handsome and full of David Lynch. [via David Hudson]
- Marcy‘s vomit comes in third at the Debutante Ball’s favorite line contest.
- If you’re still reading and looking for something else to click, go vote on our Oscar poll.